Sunday, August 25, 2019

Guess Who's Back, Back Again...

I thought about whether or not I should address the 4 year hiatus or keep it moving and just go with it. Well, I am a woman of many words so why not address it.

It's been a crazy 4 years for me. Some good, some bad, all growth worthy. I haven't read nearly as much as I should have and I've missed it.

I've missed reading and falling in love with characters and falling out of love with other characters. I've missed buying too many books and spending too much time at the library. I've missed losing hours and hours of my life because I was wrapped up in someone else's. I've missed writing book reviews, using bookish words and being too snarky.

I've always been on Goodreads so my starred reviews have been there but even on Goodreads I haven't been writing my full book reviews. I haven't been assessing books and adding to my TBR. I haven't joined in the conversations and talked about my adventures in reading.

Earlier this month I volunteered at the National Book Club Conference as I have for the past 8 or 9 years. Being around so many dedicated readers and book lovers really got my bookish juices going. I really wanted to dig back in to my love of reading. So, I dusted off the library card and pulled some books from the shelves.

Lucky you, that means I have plenty to say and I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

This looks like a job for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment