Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bookshelves!


Hey there!

I bought new bookshelves! You have to understand what an undertaking this has been. I have researched and tested and watched videos and I've really taken this way too seriously. But, can a reader really take their bookshelves too seriously? I mean bookshelves are homes for your babies! I can't imagine that a true book reader wouldn't take their time in getting new bookshelves.

So I ended up with these.



First, let's back up a little bit. I moved a few months ago and ended up with a large bedroom. My bedroom is large enough that I created a reading space near the window. When I was creating this space, I had to think of what type of bookshelves would work for me. I decided that these work for me.

I know, I know. I could fit more books on a tall bookshelf. I thought about that but decided that I wanted to keep my room lighter and airier and therefore cut the bookshelves in half and leave the top of my walls open.


I'm also 5'4 1/2" and I don't want my bookshelves to tower over me. It's a thing.

I chose white shelves because of the crisp, clean look of white furniture. Most of the furniture in my home is white so this keeps with the theme.

You see three bookshelves here. These are the new ones that I purchased. There are two more older ones on the other side of the room. I also have a smaller shelf near my bed and that holds my spiritual books.

I am super happy with my new bookshelves. No, I haven't put my books on the shelves yet because my plan is to catalogue the books as I put them on the shelf.

Sighhh. I am too much.

I plan on doing this little by little so that I get it right.

And in a year I'll probably reorganize.

That's okay too.


No comments:

Post a Comment