Monday, August 17, 2015

Letting Go - BOOK REVIEW - I Am That Girl: How to Speak Your Truth, Discover Your Purpose, and #bethatgirl by Alexis Jones

 

Hey there!

I finally gave myself permission to put this book down. I've been trying to read it for 3 months. Yep, 3 months. One of my online book clubs planned on reading it and I wanted to be able to join in on the monthly chat.

I didn't join in.

This was a hard read because I didn't find it interesting. It is a book of "cheers", as I like to call them. It's a bunch of uplifting quotes and motivational stories that didn't quite motivate me. 

The quotes were ones that you find within any Google search. Some are accurately cited and some are not. They are all intended to be peppy and make you excited to "do something"! I've seen most of them hundreds of times so they didn't exactly inspire me to do anything. 

The stories of determination and grit were written by people I had never hear of. Most of them ventured out to do their own thing, risk it all, take a chance and make it work! Except, I didn't find that they inspired me to do the same thing. They didn't make me look at my world any differently. 

Maybe if I had read this in my late teens or early 20's it would have had a different effect on me (or some effect at all). Unfortunately (for this book) I am quite a bit older than that and I didn't really need it.


I will keep it though. It's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment